The St. Bernard Parish Economic Development Foundation (EDF) announces that it is seeking a new Executive Director to lead this prominent economic development organization. The Executive Director will work to retain, grow, create and market businesses in St. Bernard Parish. The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that has a cooperative relationship with the St. Bernard Parish Government.
The Executive Director will be responsible for developing a marketing program and branding an image that attracts both businesses and people to live and work in St. Bernard Parish.
- The Executive Director must have a bachelor’s degree from a four year accredited institution of higher learning.
- The Executive Director must have 5 years of experience in business operations with a preferred emphasis in marketing or an understanding of public relations and skills to market the community.
- Business experience is desirable which demonstrates ability to develop programs and policies, knowledge of compliance and regulatory issues associated with the creation of businesses and strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- The Executive Director should have proficient software computer skills, specifically with Word, WordPerfect, Excel, and/or Power point. It is also desirable that the Executive Director has an understanding of administrative finance and accounting operations.
- The Executive Director will be required to do limited travel to accomplish the Foundation’s mission.
The Executive Director’s target salary range is between $65,000 and $85,000. Qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter to:
Walter J. Leger, Jr., Chairman Search Committee
St. Bernard Economic Development Foundation
100 Port Blvd. Suite 10
Chalmette, LA 70043.
The deadline for submittals is September 30, 2014 of the advertisement. All submittals are subject to Louisiana Public Records laws. For more information on this announcement and the Foundation, visit our website at www.SBEDF.org. Also, interested applicants may contact Walter Leger at 504-588-9043